The Impact of Voice Search on SEO Strategies
Voice search has rapidly grown in importance and is undoubtedly here to stay as part of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Customers increasingly use voice search to do online product and service searches since it is much more comfortable than typing.
But what is voice search? Simply put, speech recognition technology allows users to speak their desired phrases into a microphone rather than typing them in to do an online search. Consider Google voice search app, Apple’s Siri, or Amazon Alexa. Users may only use speech to interact with any of them.
Search with Your Voice is the Future
In the US, more and more individuals are conducting searches using speech. According to reports, 135.6 million Americans use voice search capabilities, up 2.7 per cent from the prior year.
The analysis from Statista claims that the US population presently owns 35% of smart speakers, and by 2025, this percentage is anticipated to increase to 75%. Hence, the future of digital marketing is voice search marketing. Due to the simplicity, it offers customers, it has emerged as the front-runner in search marketing.
How Does Voice Search Work?
If you need a quick reminder, this is how to ask Siri about the weather: Users may now utilize voice commands to do online searches thanks to voice search technology. It is made feasible by voice assistants, the AI-enabled aides to which users address their inquiries. Examples that are most frequently used include:
- Alexa from Amazon and Apple’s Siri.
- Google Assistant for Google voice search from Google
- Microsoft’s Cortana and Samsung’s Bixby.
Anyone with a smartphone, wristwatch, tablet, or laptop may use them to ask practically any inquiry and get a quick response. Voice search can provide information on various topics, including current weather, political news, and your favourite TV show.
Voice Search: How People Use Each Smart Technology Differently
We see a new use case for each smart-assistant-enabled gadget, just as with search intent keywording. You can more effectively personalize your material to each searcher you want to reach if you concentrate on how each device is utilized.
- Search by Voice Search on Smartphones
Smartphones are usually used by voice searchers who want an instant response or solution to an issue. Imagine that you are out on a date and are trying to pick where to go next. You could get lots of inspiration by conducting a fast voice search.
- Knowledge-Related Voice Searches on Smart Speakers
People frequently use them for an extensive, in-depth search in the comfort of their homes. They would use their vocal searches to look for random facts, tunes, or assistance with any plans they might be making, like a wedding or an international vacation.
- Consumers Use Car Speakers While Traveling
52.8% of people search voice search to look up places, get directions, and get the most incredible deals at shops when driving.
How to Improve Voice Search Performance?
- Use Conversational Language: People are more likely to search by voice search to ask specific questions using whole phrases. They’re still more likely to speak in more natural, everyday terms. Create specific sections of your website for the queries consumers want to be addressed as rapidly as possible. For instance, think about creating a FAQ page to get attention for frequently asked issues in your business.
- For local businesses, local SEO: Voice technology makes perfect sense. As a result, the first step is to establish your Google My Business listing, which should include your company’s address, contact information, a list of services or goods, pricing, operating hours, and every other relevant detail. By doing this, you will provide Google with all the details it requires to comprehend what your company does, who it serves, when it opens, where it is, and other essential details. It is the precise information required by voice searches, making it a rapid and accurate method to respond to queries.
- Featured Snippets: Your chances of getting read rise if you rank zero. According to a Moz study, highlighted snippets are the source of 87% of voice search replies. This statistic demonstrates the importance of striving for position 0 in search results. Additionally, to secure this position, your search with your voice material must be structured to provide solutions.
- Page Speed and Security: These impact the user experience and ranking of the voice search results. Your website should load swiftly, considering the typical voice search page takes just 4.6 seconds to load.
- Schema Markup: For voice search, schema markups are essential. Schema Markups can produce results that are rich in content.
- Be Mindful of Voice Search on Mobile: Ensuring that all material has been optimized for mobile devices continues to be the first step in voice search optimization due to the enormous overlap between mobile and voice search. Voice search on mobile involves adopting mobile-friendly layouts, planning content, and building sites with I-want-to-go and I-want-to-do micro-moments in mind.
- Take Note of the Prevalent Query Terms Linked with Questions: There has been a high correlation between voice questions and the inquiry words: who, what, where, why, when, and how. To begin creating content specifically for people who search voice search, brands should spend time locating long-tail keyword phrases that incorporate these query terms.
- Think About Typical Misinterpretations: Even though voice technology has advanced significantly quickly, the technology can occasionally make mistakes. When creating your PPC campaign, consider the typical mistakes voice assistants could make when answering questions about your industry. Look for chances to profit from the mistakes the machine makes.
- Provide Credibility and Authority: To take advantage of search by voice search, you need more than just informative content; you also need search engines to see your website as authoritative and reliable. Consequently, the likelihood of it being utilized to respond to voice search inquiries will rise.
Final Reflection on Voice Search Feature
Due to several variables, voice recognition technology is becoming more and more significant. Customers have access to technologies that facilitate voice interactions with businesses. Companies are becoming more and more interested in voice technology marketing.
The future of voice search will be inspiring and challenging regarding voice search. Businesses may anticipate more focused, productive, and efficient client engagements. But frequently, it implies that communication occurs via an AI assistant rather than a business platform.